Ackerman Security has been providing services since the 1960’s, making them an old player in the market. Unlike other companies providing security setup for both home and business, though, Ackerman offers a limited scope of service in only a small part of the USA.
The company is proud of its customized service features. That means that instead of offering packages, Ackerman will help you set up a security system tailored just for your home or business. Interested? Read on for our in-depth Ackerman Security review!
First, let’s get you acquainted with our featured provider. As mentioned before, Ackerman has been around for quite a long time, specifically, for 50 years. Despite its age, the company remains medium-sized as it only caters to customers in Maryland, Georgia, Washington D.C. and Virginia.
Its “seniority” in the safety solutions field helped Ackerman earn the Five Diamond Award certified by the Central Security Alarm Association (CSAA). The company also claims that it’s the only security provider in America with a Guaranteed Response Time (GRT). That means that if they’re the ones doing the monitoring, you can expect help to immediately come once your alarm goes off.
Ackerman is an authorized dealer of Honeywell products. The latter is a respected manufacturer of security units such as alarms, motion detectors, CCTVs, and the like. These are some of the equipment/devices sold by Ackerman as well as their uses:
- Protection against intrusion: Ackerman has door/window contacts, motion detectors, and glass breaks that are capable of alarming you and the authorities should there be break-ins. Of course, let’s hope that no one trespasses into your property. That said, it won’t hurt to be prepared. Check out this Honeywell motion detector and two-tone siren to know how the device can protect you.
- Surveillance: Honeywell offers a wide variety of surveillance cameras for your every need: indoor, outdoor, pan, or tilt.
- Life-saving devices: The company offers CO, smoke, and heat detectors before the said elements result in endangered lives.
- Home automation: Use Honeywell products to control your smart home much easier. Using their devices, you can wirelessly control your place’s lighting, thermostats, and door locks.
- Cellular communication. Honeywell control panels can accommodate cellular chip for wireless communication. This means that Ackerman may still monitor what’s happening even if you have no landline. This feature eliminates the chance of cut phone or cable lines.
- Medical alerts. If you think Ackerman solely cares for security, think again. Aside from a plethora of devices meant to drive burglars away and prevent hazards from harming you, they also have medical alerts that will remind you when you should take your medicine within a day’s period!
Ackerman uses the Honeywell Lynx Touch 510 Panel as the brain of its security system. This ever-efficient device contains the majority of safety and automation capabilities you need. Basically, you will be able to control each installed protection device. What’s more is that you can connect your computer, tablet, or mobile gadgets to the panel to enable remote controlling.
We also like to point out to you what we like best from the company’s services through this Ackerman alarm security review. These include:
- Smart mobile control: It’s one of the things we look for in modern security systems. As the majority of people turn to their mobile devices more frequently than other things, knowing that you can control your system through your gadgets is a big plus.
- No-Theft Guarantee: This guarantee means that as long as you use their system, Ackerman can help prevent your home from being burglarized. This is true, as long as your system is properly installed and is in its top shape.
- Customizable alarms: False alarms will cost you more money than you’ll ever want. Fortunately, Ackerman allows you to customize when you want to set off your alarm. For instance, you can set sensors installed in your medicine cabinet or gun display cases to only notify you if someone’s opening them.
As said before, Ackerman is an authorized dealer of Honeywell products. The said manufacturer is a world-renowned brand, giving us the impression that their devices can provide quality service.
That said, Ackerman may allow you to only buy their Honeywell equipment. As for who will service and monitor the devices, you have the option to look for another security company.
You might consider the said option if you’re not confident of Ackerman’s customer service. Choosing it, though, will result in a more lengthy process.
If you choose to stick to Ackerman, though, know that you should clear all issues before signing your contract with the company.
What's the Bottom Line?
If we talk about affordability and the range of security features, Ackerman is a great prospect. On the surface, at least. That said, you can avoid hidden fees and charges by thoroughly understanding the terms of your contract with the company. You should also make sure to ask detailed questions and be as assertive as the Ackerman sales representative. It might be a hassle, but doing everything you can during the negotiation can alleviate future problems.